The concept of ketosis is relatively simple. Your body prefers fatty acids for energy but when we eat a high carb load we don’t get to do that. Ketosis is when we eat a considerably lower carb load than usual, and our body is then using the fat as fuel and that includes the fat around your gut etc.
Ways Ketosis Burns Your Body Fat
- By lowering the insulin in the body and fat is no longer stored. This is good for a short period of time and only for those that are not diabetic. If you do this diet as a diabetic it could actually kill you. You can only do this being in optimal health and not if you have blood glucose or severe metabolic issues.
- By burning fat more efficiently. If you feed your body carbs it will use the carbs first. But if you starve it of carbs–it will use the fat stores in the body. Getting your body to use fat stores first is a challenge–we are built to live and those fat stores get used for energy–so–if we are starved then guess what? The fat stores are called on then and only then. So in effect you do have to starve it of carbs to get to the fat stores.
- Burning that 9 calories rather than the 4 it takes with carbs. Your body uses more energy to burn fat than carbs so needless to say this is the way to go to burn more calories each time you eat.
- Your body lets go of any excess fat after it has burned what it needs through the urine as waste products. When your body is through using it, you will lose it through normal bodily elimination.
- The one trick low carb dieters have is they don’t retain water weight. When you do that you look thinner right away because there is no bloat. This is also the reason why the low carb dieter stays on the diet longer than those that stay on carbs and simply calorie restrict.
Consider Taking Diet Pills for Ketosis
Following the ketogenic diet to get your body into a state of ketosis can be challenging. There are strict rules to follow, and there are also side effects that you might experience, particularly at the beginning while your body is adjusting to all of the changes in your diet. Thankfully, you can make things easier on yourself when following the keto diet by taking high-quality diet pills for ketosis.
Also, according to Medical News Today, there are a variety of products available that are designed to support your body while you’re on this restrictive diet. So, in addition to diet pills, you can also consider trying a range of keto-friendly products that are designed to help you stay on track.
The right products can help your body enter a state of ketosis, and help keep you there, by boosting ketone levels. Or they might help with:
- Replenishing your electrolytes
- Supporting your energy and focus
- Providing your body with nutrients that can help you maintain healthy digestion while cutting back on your intake of carbs
Recap of How Ketosis Turns Your Body into a Fat Burning Furnace
The trick here is low intake of carbs if you are healthy and not a diabetic. Done for a short period of time for most people is fine. Your body will then burn the fat a lot faster than normal each time you eat and will then excrete the excess fat in the urine instead of storing it.
A final thing to keep in mind is that the keto diet is one that is best followed only for a short span of time, rather than long-term. That’s because this type of eating plan might be detrimental to your health in the long run. No matter what, talk to your doctor if you aren’t sure about what to eat to give your body the nutrition it needs while you’re working on losing weight.