Heart health is a big issue for millions of Americans each and every day. This is because we are constantly surrounded by unhealthy choices. Luckily, there are 5 ways to reverse your heart attack risk to improve heart health. The top five ways to improve heart health are very moderate lifestyle changes that you can start today.
1. Cut out bad habits such as smoking. The chemicals in tobacco damage the functions of the heart and function of blood vessels. Cigarettes are responsible for 1 in every 5 deaths here in the united states. An estimated 46,000 non smokers die of heart disease that is caused by secondhand smoke annually.
2. Next thing is your diet. You don’t need to do anything extreme like becoming a vegan. However, it is important to incorporate at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Additionally, you should limit processed foods, red meats, and pork to improve heart health.
3. You should limit your alcohol intake. Wine has been said to help your heart, only in moderation. It is recommended you only have one glass of wine per day.
4. Exercise is the fastest and most effective way to improve heart health. You can begin just walking daily for 25 minutes. Then work your way up to 60 minutes. It is best to do this as many days as you can but at the very least four days a week.
5. Stress reduction is a sure fire way to take care of your ticker. Stress has been linked to heart disease as well as many other poor health conditions. You can discuss stress management with your doctor, or look online for things you can do to cope with stress. Many people with health conditions and issues that are looking to lower stress found Yoga to improve their stress and overall health.
There are many things you can do to improve your heart health. An abundance of things can be done right away. Don’t put off your heart health, act now, and make positive changes to your routine. Just 20 minutes of exercise, even stress reducing exercises such as Yoga can quickly give you a step in the right direction. You can better your health by limiting things such as alcohol, red meat, pork, and processed foods. Taking these baby steps will make a world of a difference, and will quickly improve heart health.